Old 23-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Weeds (was Getting rid of ground elder)

The message . 12
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

E montanum

It's got into my greenhouse! I don't think I shall ever get it out again.

I wonder why this weed (Epilobium) is so rarely mentioned in the usual
gardeners tale of woe? Does it even have a common name?

Broad-leaved willow herb.

The other one I find a real pain I can't even remember the latin name of -
like a sort of weedy geum with tiny yellow flowers and knobbly reddish
roots that work into every crevice.

I call it 'that thing'. It knows what I mean.

Probably Potentilla reptans - creeping cinquefoil, or maybe, and just as
worse, yellow sorrel. Oxalis corniculata.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk