Old 23-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Xavier Vanbecelaere

Default Acorn in water - tell us why, Iris

Iris,
that really is a great piece you wrote here.

The moral is that we are have to learn too much in school at an immature
age, or maybe it's the lack of a rigorous upbringing, that narrows our
perception down to one single concern. It's hard to learn something of
evereything (certainly when you have other things on your mind like kids,
paying a house, ...) , but maybe the biggest frustration of all is that out
brains are not designed to remember all the stuff we soak up, that we forget
things, and that our lives are too short in terms of gathering information.

Maybe we do miss one cell doubling in our brain, same thing what
distinguishes us and monkeys.

I have great respect for George, because he is interested one of the primary
things in life -nature-. Something that my urbanised neighbours have
forgotten a long time ago.

-----------------------------
Il faut penser à l'avenir afin d'endurer le présent.

Moi, Xavier.

"Iris Cohen" schreef in bericht
Just how old is George and has he taken basic biology in school yet?

You are too quick to make fun of people. My granddaughter is in ninth

grade,
and I can tell you the quality of public school instruction, even in the
suburbs, is not what it was when we went to school. And many young people

are
too immature to really absorb even the most basic material. With folks

like
George, years after they graduated from high school, they suddenly become
curious and are really interested in learning the facts that didn't

register at
the time. Don't knock it.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40