Old 24-10-2003, 02:02 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Neostylis Lou Sneary 'Colorful Blue'

I posted the photos along with the text below to a.b.p.o and was quite
disappointed at the lack of response considering the fact that just about 2
months ago this particular orchid was *the* topic for quite a few days.
Unfortunately at that time I didn't have one so I never saved the posts. I
am hoping to get some response, particularly about open basket planting.

To email me privately: grdengrl at optonline dot net

I got this guy in the mail today as an eBay purchase. Several leaves were
detached on the side, and some of the leaves that are attached to the plant
are showing some kind of "damage". Is this fungus? Is this something that I
need to worry about or do something about?
The seller said that I should repot into an open basket (which I have). I
don't have experience with open basket growing (does that mean that I just
toss the plant in w/o any potting media, how do I secure it to basket if
that is the case?) or repotting and would very much appreciate any advice.
As to the black leaf and the dry leaf, should I maybe return the item for a
replacement? Is this a good time to repot?

Any assistance is greatly appreciate,
Mariana