Old 24-10-2003, 09:42 AM
hermine stover

Default Phyllostachys Decora

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:09:36 -0400, "Bob Hardy"
wrote:

I'm considering using decora to screen a building behind by house. I like
the form and foliage. I was wondering if it would thin so badly in my zone
6 winters that I would not really have a screening effect in the Winter.

The grove will vary between 7 and 14 feet wide. Does anyone have decora in
a cooler winter climate? What is your experience?

-------
Bob

All Phyllostachys thin out in winter, even in Southern California,
which hardly has a winter. the leaves have to go away sometime, they
are good for only one whole season, so they thin to the point of
relative transparency, but then it is spring, and in a six week
period, more or less, they leaf out and are SOLID!

hermine