Old 02-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Unique Too

Default Cuttings, and trading roses

(Suzanne in CA) writes:

How have you enjoyed taking cuttings? I started out more technical and
found the lazy way the best for me LOL

Rooting cuttings is my favorite part of growing roses! I remember the first
time, reading every article I could find, choosing one (the baggie method) and
following every instruction perfectly. It worked and I was hooked. There is
something very special about a rose I helped get started. Like you, I don't
follow a rigid set of rules any longer. I like to experiment and see what
works and what doesn't.
Right now I have about 30 sitting right here in the room with me. First time
I've tried them indoors. They were struck about 3 weeks ago and all looks well
so far. If all these take I'll have lots of extra to get rid of somehow.
My wish list of must have roses is shrinking quickly along with the available
planting space. What do you have to trade?