Old 24-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Jerry Meislik

Default [IBC] Dying Red Mayple

Barb,
Are you sure the maple is not going into fall dormancy and shedding its
leaves?
Collecting now is not as successful as in spring, but if the tree is going
to be unavailable than go for it.
Jerry Meislik
Whitefish Montana USA
Zone 4-5
http://www.bonsaihunk.8m.com/ Morning all,
Here I am again with another question. My next door neighbor is moving and she
has a 3-3 1/2' Red Mayple and it is not growing nor doing anything, in fact It
has only one red leaf on it at the present. It seems to be dying, question..
If we dug it up and croped it back to where the live leaf is, and trimmed the
roots, might it then grow as a Bonsai? Otherwise it will just sit there and
die. I would like to try at least and see, who knows, it might live that way.
Any opions greatly appreciated..
Barb
Zone 9 North of Houston

**