Old 25-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Beecrofter

Default Need Jalapeno processing help

They pickle up real nice, 50/50 water and white vinegar brought to a
boil and poured over them sliced in jars. One clove of garlic 1/2
teaspoon of salt, a tablespoon of honey per jar is a nice addition.

Is that for quarts? Do you think it would work for Habaneros? Thamks.
Len

I actually doesn't matter as the water/vinegar does the preserving.
I use about the same for pints or qts with little noticable
difference.
Pickled garlic is real nice with peppers and I am a beekeeper so honey
goes into everything. I was once told that the diffference between a 3
star restaurant and a 4 star was a box of salt.

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for habaneros .
I have done firecracker, jalepeno, serrano, hot cherry, bulgarian
carrot and a few others.