Old 25-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Dying Red Mayple

Hi
The point is that the person that wants to collect it knows nothing
about maples nor about their care , so she thinks *is doomed*
this is the hinge of all problems
is it mostly dead.. so witdrowing from ground will definitively kill it
or is just in a dvanced dormancy.. ?
could she wait until spring?
in spring if it will sprout again it means it is ok if will not it
means that was going to die anyway.
if it is really going to die she will do an useless job to take it
away .. if it is not she will have all chanches to make a Bonsai next
spring.. should she try to just keep the soil moist during this time
until spring , and that's all
Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Folks, if I remember the original poster's comment,
the tree is doomed if it isn't collected now. So the
best advise is to discuss how this tree can be most
safely dug. In California, I transplant many things
now and they survive because of the aftercare. So
what would be the prime aftercare for this maple in
?Texas?

Kitsune Miko
--- Theo wrote:

Huston is very hot during the summer now we are
in october and I do
not know if a maple there in Huston shoud react
as if he was in
Chicago...
Theo

Craig Cowing wrote: