Old 25-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Hardy Houseplants?

Laurel and Hardy houseplants?

Don't forget Sansevieria.

You can forget about growing any herbs.

Iris Cohen wrote in message
I'm looking for some low-maintenance houseplants that do well in low

light
and low humidity,
Edible herbs or spices would be especially nice

First of all, hardy is not the word you want. In plants, hardy means
cold-resistant, which is not relevant here.
For your situation, consider philodendron, aglaonema (Chinese evergreen),
pothos (Epipremnum), and aspidistra. Unfortunately, most herbs are

sunlovers
and would not do well. Even so, your plants might benefit from being

outdoors
in the summer.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40