Old 25-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Hal

Default Water hyacinth overwintering

Water hyacinths won't live through a freeze. They aren't know for
being a problem North of Zone 9.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:27:03 -0500, J Kolenovsky
wrote:

Virginia?

That's good. It's on the federal and state noxious weed list here and if
caught in possession by USFW, $200 fine "per" plant.

http://www.nearctica.com/flowers/otos/ponted/Ecrass.htm

What did you say your address was, again? Just kidding. (if you keep
them contained, you're probably o-k. I wouldn't toss them out when you
go to get rid of them. I'd dry them out totally or burn them instead of
throwing in the trash or discarding in a field, stream or lot)

JK