Old 25-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Travis

Default What is going on with Micros**t?

canuckistani wrote:
snip Some ISPs will _NOT_ let you use any other e-mail
address other than a valid one endsnip
Huh? Obviously, anyone sending spam to
would not get very far,
unless they remove the REMOVETHIS first and spambots cannot
differentiate. It would not get to me since entry would be
denied at ISP level, no such account, permanent fatal errors.
Oh sure, someone may remove the REMOVETHIS manually but that
does not make sense from a spammer's viewpoint. Some sick
******* might and there are lots of those around but then my
AV, firewall and proxies would pick that off. Another aspect of
OE, imperfect as it may be, is the Rules bit. I made Rules for
the most common spam and most of it ends up in Deleted Items
rather than in my inbox. One could also set limits on file size
and the malicious code involving klez and similar worms are
around 144 kb.
ISPs cannot even begin to code for intercepts since spam
changes regularly, that would be a 24/7 job.
Personally, I find that intercept programs use up an awful lot
of memory resources.

One should properly munge their address. Mine for example is properly
munged. Doing it any other way just eats up bandwith trying to deliver
mail to a bogus address.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5