Old 24-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Phrederick

Default What is going on with Micros**t?

wrote in message
.com...
What the hell is going on with all this "Microshit" spam and bullshit

attachments
and why the hell isn't Microsoft doing something about it.

I have to get myself a new email address every few weeks because my

mailboxes
are overflowing with Micros**t spam and attachments.

Microsoft won't have a single customer left if they don't act soon.

And what makes your off topic spam any better than all the "taste this
patch" messages we're seeing?

Old 24-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:10:33 -0400, pbutler111 wrote:

What the hell is going on with all this "Microshit" spam and bullshit
attachments and why the hell isn't Microsoft doing something about it.

I have to get myself a new email address every few weeks because my
mailboxes are overflowing with Micros**t spam and attachments.

Microsoft won't have a single customer left if they don't act soon.

Stop using your real e-mail address on usenet and don't use it on web
forums. AOLers are famous for sending bullshit to everyone so it's highly
likely that that may be the problem as well.

Microsoft don't care, that's been obvious for a long time. I gave up
Windows a year and a half ago.
Old 24-10-2003, 08:22 PM
canuckistani

Look, it's simply the downside of an otherwise great system that the
internet represents. I mean, how can you beat Google as compared to going
into a library? The virus attempts are annoying but with an AntiVirus that
is kept updated, they become a minor issue. Norton simply dumps the bs that
comes in, before it comes in. Get a 30 day trial from symantec dot com and
see if that makes a difference. Frankly, it's just part of the daily
nuisance, no more than that and no different from the penis pillpatch spam
crap that keeps on trying. Microsoft markets operating systems and patches
them when the have to, this is why they offer a free upgrade system named
windows update. Changing your email addy is extreme, why not do the simplest
thing and invalidate your email addy like this removethismyname@myisp
Just my opinion, of course.
John in western Canuckistan

http://www.renaissancegardens.com/
msn messenger: Hortus Plasticus )
Outgoing email checked by Norton AV

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
Microsoft doesn't run the internet dumbass, they can't do anything about
it.

Old 24-10-2003, 09:12 PM
David Hill

I use MailWasher, free download, and it works well, intercepts all junk mail
etc and is easier to sort through, though I wouldn't be without Norton anti
virus as well.
I get around 200 junk and "Microsoft" items a day, and can now sort them out
in around 10 mins.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 24-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Louis Ohland

Welcome to the net. Some ISPs will _NOT_ let you use any other e-mail
address other than a valid one. I know, because I tried. I had to set up
two new accounts, this one, which I never check, and another one, which
I never use on the newsgroups.

My ISP is probably getting a mess of spam and viri packed messages
every day. I honestly tried to mess up the isp (right part after @), but
that bombed as well.

It's their problem. I tried.

Old 25-10-2003, 01:02 AM
madgardener

I agree with DAvid. I downloaded the free version of MailWasher and marked
the Microsoft upgrade e-mails as enemies and now I don't even have to mess
with them. and since changing to VIC, they intercept 90% of this crud for
me!! All I have to do is run MW, process (it deletes what I don't trust or
want in a matter of seconds) and then it opens up my mail program for me. I
close MailWasher to keep it from locking up on me, and then download all my
mail. fast, easy and no more hassles! It's not Microsoft that's sending you
all these things. It's generated viruses. I've been notified by VIC that
they've deleted over 60 SWEN viruses this week so far for me, and some
"dangerous text" messages that had hidden worms and viruses. My McAfee
hasn't even popped up they're so efficient. Between them and MailWasher, I'm
now happier than I've ever been about this stuff. You're going thru what I
went thru weeks ago, only I had hundreds of these things like alot of the
world did. (look at the post I made alerting people before I discovered
someone was harvesting our addresses from ALL the newsgroups and sending out
SWEN viruses by the hundreds)
madgardener

Old 25-10-2003, 04:32 AM
canuckistani

snip Some ISPs will _NOT_ let you use any other e-mail address other than
a valid one endsnip
Huh? Obviously, anyone sending spam to
would not get very far, unless they remove the REMOVETHIS first and spambots
cannot differentiate. It would not get to me since entry would be denied at
ISP level, no such account, permanent fatal errors. Oh sure, someone may
remove the REMOVETHIS manually but that does not make sense from a spammer's
viewpoint. Some sick ******* might and there are lots of those around but
then my AV, firewall and proxies would pick that off. Another aspect of OE,
imperfect as it may be, is the Rules bit. I made Rules for the most common
spam and most of it ends up in Deleted Items rather than in my inbox. One
could also set limits on file size and the malicious code involving klez and
similar worms are around 144 kb.
ISPs cannot even begin to code for intercepts since spam changes regularly,
that would be a 24/7 job.
Personally, I find that intercept programs use up an awful lot of memory
resources.
It's an imperfect world. Present company excepted, of course.