Old 25-10-2003, 07:02 PM
brianflay

Default geranium spikes

Your 'spikes' are the fruits and will have the seeds enclosed in swellings
at the base. Whether these are actually Geraniums or Pelargoniums it is
seldom worthwhile saving you own seeds as modern varieties have such complex
ancestry. The results can be very disappointing. If you had removed the
flower heads before the formation of these fruits you would have promoted
further flowering. Cuttings taken next spring is your best alternative. Best
Wishes.
"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
My geraniums are growing spikes...I'm assuming these are for seeds. Do
you keep the whole long pod? I don't remember the original seeds being
long.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener