Old 25-10-2003, 08:12 PM
RichToyBox

Default weed control

Mike,

Per Aquatic Eco catalog, www.aquaticeco.com Cutrine-Plus liquid can be used
to control weeds without affecting the use of the water for swimming,
livestock, watering, irrigation, or fishing. Cutrine Plus granular is
listed as an algaecide. Because the liquid is a chelated copper that stays
in solution long after initial dose, I do not know what its affect would be
on other areas of the pond. They do have a warning that you should not use
copper based products in waters with koi, carp, goldfish, or trout.
--
RichToyBox

"mjb" wrote in message
Hi all,
We run Radio Control Sailboats on a pond that is probably about a couple
acres in size here in NY. This year we had a very bad weed problem. They
start about 5 feet out from shore and don't stop until about 15 feet out
from shore. The problem is that sailboats have a lead keel that sticks

down
below the boat for about 6-11 inches (depending on the boat) and they get
stuck in these very thick weeds. The pond is also supposedly stocked with
fish. I have personally only seen very small bluegills in there, however

have been told that someone caught a 2 foot bass out of the pond although
I'm not sure that I believe it.
My question is, can I use granular Cutrine in just our section of the pond
to kill off the weeds in just our area without harming the fish?

Mike~