Old 25-10-2003, 11:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default weed control

Look into sterile grass carp, they will take care of your weed problem. The
next options might be a 15 foot dock? ~ jan

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:26:15 GMT, "mjb" wrote:

Hi all,
We run Radio Control Sailboats on a pond that is probably about a couple
acres in size here in NY. This year we had a very bad weed problem. They
start about 5 feet out from shore and don't stop until about 15 feet out
from shore. The problem is that sailboats have a lead keel that sticks down
below the boat for about 6-11 inches (depending on the boat) and they get
stuck in these very thick weeds. The pond is also supposedly stocked with
fish. I have personally only seen very small bluegills in there, however I
have been told that someone caught a 2 foot bass out of the pond although
I'm not sure that I believe it.
My question is, can I use granular Cutrine in just our section of the pond
to kill off the weeds in just our area without harming the fish?

Mike~

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a