Old 26-10-2003, 05:22 AM
gregpresley

Default Is this nasturtium?

nasturtium leaves taste very similar to watercress and can be used
interchangebly in recipes calling for watercress (watercress sandwiches and
the like). So occasionally they are called watercress-like, or flowering
watercress. They are not related botanically, and they grow in different
circumstances. (Nasturtiums would not enjoy having constantly wet roots for
instance).
"Sam" wrote in message
I think I found it online...

is this it???

http://www.sandmountainherbs.com/watercress.html

I thought watercress was a different plant???
I'm very confused now.

Sam wrote:
While I was down at HomeDepot, I asked several pelple from the garden
department for "nasturtium." They looked at me as if I was from Mars!
One of them actually pointed me to the vegetable section!!! I was
wondering if it goes by some "common" name that the HD people would
recognize!

PS if anyone has a pic (or link with pic) handy, it would go a long
way! Because then, I can just show them the pick and say: this is what
I'm looking for! ;-)

Thanks!
Sam