Old 26-10-2003, 10:32 PM
brianflay

Default Pruning Tiger Lilies and Hydrangea?

None of the various species of Hydrangea require drastic or even regular
pruning, other than the removal of dead flower heads usually in the spring
along with any weak or damaged shoots. With H.macrophylla any really aged
branches can also be removed at the same time to regenerate new growths.
Tiger lilies can be cut to ground level now if you wish.. Best
wishes.."John" wrote in message
Please excuse a newbie question - I was told by a neighbor that I should
prune back my hydrangea and tiger liles to about 6" off the ground in late
October up here in Mass. Is this true, and should I also mix in some some
fertilizer now to help next year's blooms? Thanks!

--- John