Old 26-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Joe

Default Start plants from seeds in Spring/growth light etc, info please.

I have tried to start plants from seeds in the past, but always failed. I
would like to have a setup in my basement for starting plants. I really
don't know how to go about it. What kind of lights do I need and where can I
buy them? What about a fluorescent shop light that hangs over a shelf where
the starter containers sit? Is there such a thing as growth florescent light
tubes for starting plants? I would also like to know when to start plants
from seed such as tomatoes, cabbage and broccoli etc... I can't find any
books on this for a beginner to use. Also, what about using basement window
wells for cold frames? Thank you all very much for your opinions.