Old 27-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Fire all around me! Great News.

Thank you all for your good wishes again.

The fire was three houses from me.
Flame about 50 feet up in the air, and winds gusting at 60 mph. Whirling
like a tornado. Shifting direction every few seconds. Total darkness and
chaos in a matter of minutes once the eucalyptus trees caught on fire!

A city about 20 miles east of me (San Bernardino) lost over 250 houses, city
west of me (Claremont) was rumored to have lost 30 houses so far, and my
neighborhood lost some 20 or so homes. We just got electricity back.

Some shrubs around my pond burnt, but my house did not catch fire!

My opinion of fire fighters and hell is totally different! I saw the
firemen and women almost like angels! I was in this slow motion mental
void, and saw them almost moving in shot burst as they went about their
business. People I was afraid and running away from the fire, and here the
fire men with no investment in our houses running into the fire! And a 50
feet wall of flame some 200-300 feet long gives out a heat like you can't
describe! If hell is anything like that......!

Anyway all is well, no one died in my area. My Family, including my dogs
are ok! All my Koi are ok so far, I cleaned all the murk from the pond as
best as I can, and they are just fine now!

Thanks again, and yes indeed, the fire brought all the neighbors together.
We were all looking out for each other. I had to help an older neighbor of
mine walk one of his two horses a few miles down the hill away from the
fire. We had never spoken to each other ever before.

Got to go do some more cleaning and prepare for tomorrow, the kids for
school and me for work!

Good night all!

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: