Old 27-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Fire all around me! Great News.

Thank you all for your good wishes again.

The fire was three houses from me.
Flame about 50 feet up in the air, and winds gusting at 60 mph. Whirling
like a tornado. Shifting direction every few seconds. Total darkness and
chaos in a matter of minutes once the eucalyptus trees caught on fire!

A city about 20 miles east of me (San Bernardino) lost over 250 houses, city
west of me (Claremont) was rumored to have lost 30 houses so far, and my
neighborhood lost some 20 or so homes. We just got electricity back.

Some shrubs around my pond burnt, but my house did not catch fire!

My opinion of fire fighters and hell is totally different! I saw the
firemen and women almost like angels! I was in this slow motion mental
void, and saw them almost moving in shot burst as they went about their
business. People I was afraid and running away from the fire, and here the
fire men with no investment in our houses running into the fire! And a 50
feet wall of flame some 200-300 feet long gives out a heat like you can't
describe! If hell is anything like that......!

Anyway all is well, no one died in my area. My Family, including my dogs
are ok! All my Koi are ok so far, I cleaned all the murk from the pond as
best as I can, and they are just fine now!

Thanks again, and yes indeed, the fire brought all the neighbors together.
We were all looking out for each other. I had to help an older neighbor of
mine walk one of his two horses a few miles down the hill away from the
fire. We had never spoken to each other ever before.

Got to go do some more cleaning and prepare for tomorrow, the kids for
school and me for work!

Good night all!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 27-10-2003, 01:12 AM
rtk

I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU AND KNOW ALL IS WELL! Believe me, anyone
who read your note earlier today was thinking of you.

Ruth K

Old 27-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Zookeeper

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
Thank you all for your good wishes again.

The fire was three houses from me.
... my
neighborhood lost some 20 or so homes. We just got electricity back.

Some shrubs around my pond burnt, but my house did not catch fire!
Anyway all is well ... My Family, including my dogs
are ok! All my Koi are ok so far ...

Got to go do some more cleaning and prepare for tomorrow, the kids for
school and me for work!

So glad to hear you're all okay and safe. Take care.
--
Zk
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

Old 27-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Critical Popperian

Some shrubs around my pond burnt, but my house did not catch fire!

Holy Crap Mate! Very happy to hear!!!

Old 27-10-2003, 10:12 AM
jammer

Wow! Glad you are safe!

Old 27-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Bonnie

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:

Got to go do some more cleaning and prepare for tomorrow, the kids for
school and me for work!

Good night all!

--

It is so good to read your message this morning.
Take care and be well.

Old 27-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Steve and Lisa

Wow .....just popped on this morning and what a weekend you had! Glad to
read all are safe and sound.

I was wondering, are many people out there using that foam on their houses
to protect them?

Lisa

Old 27-10-2003, 05:42 PM
K30a

good news!!
k30a

Old 27-10-2003, 06:33 PM
joe

Glad to hear your good news. We live in San Diego, so yesterday was a pretty
awful day here. We were loaded and ready to run, but they stopped the fire
about a mile from us. The winds died down over night, but they are
predicting more Santa Ana's today. I feel so sad for all the people who have
lost their homes.

According to the news so far 11 deaths, well over 150,000 acres burned and
more than 300 homes. I'm with you, watching the fire fighters on the TV was
inspirational.

One of the big problems here was that a lot of San Diego County fire
fighting resources were fighting the fires at Riverside county.

Joe

Old 27-10-2003, 09:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Thank you all for your good wishes again.

The fire was three houses from me.
Flame about 50 feet up in the air, and winds gusting at 60 mph. Whirling
like a tornado. Shifting direction every few seconds. Total darkness and
chaos in a matter of minutes once the eucalyptus trees caught on fire!

snip

Glad to hear you are OK, and now that we do know you are OK, it's time for
typical sophomoric humor. I figured you would at least be expecting this
from me, if not somone else around here.

So what will next week's urban legend be about? A Koi that was sucked up
into a helicopter and lived only to be dropped on the fire to put it out?
Hmm, not very funny. OK how about this, Reason #345 not to have a VF...they
burn. No, that sucks too. Hmm. Ohh, Ohh...I got it...how do your fish look?
any damage? are they "ashen" in color? Yeah, that works.

Glad to hear you survived.

BV.

Old 27-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Dave Fouchey

That is excellent news from aa horrible event. Glad you and yours are
fine. Wild fires suck.

Dave

Old 28-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Theo van Daele

This was actually a major news item in Belgium as well :-(

Apparently at least 2 of the 3 fires did not start by accident... people who
do that kind of thing, erm... I dunno.

Good to hear your house was saved, and those fire fighters, well, they are
first class people (again). Mucho respect.

Theo

Old 28-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Cichlidiot

Glad to hear your home was spared. My grandmother lives in Chino and has
been really concerned that the fire will come her way. She's also having a
lot of breathing problems because of all the ash and smoke. It's really
bad from how she describes it. The family is trying to convince her to
come up north for a while for the sake of her health. All that smoke and
ash is not good for people with health problems.
Old 28-10-2003, 04:22 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Dude, you are what I needed about right now. Humor is always good medicine!

Sorry I have not responded to your request regarding the Iheart ponds. Been
crazy lately.

Hope you are ok and things are ok with your job and stuff. You inspire me
Dude.

--