Old 27-10-2003, 09:22 AM
The Hoopeses

Default what should i plant

Sedum 'Autumn Joy' has worked well for me. It's hardy, provides
year-round interest, if not color per se, and the bees seem to love it.
I actually noticed several different types of bees flocking to it this
past summer. Usually I don't deadhead the flowers until late winter or
early spring, so the plants look like bouquets of dried flowers through
the winter. It can be quite a nice effect if you have large patches of
the sedum with snow on them.

-
Al

Mac wrote:
i have just finished the garden to the front and have two small terraces. i
am looking for perennial flowering plants or small shrubs to give me colour
thoughout the year. if poss would like some to attract butterflies & bees.
so far have thought of:

hebe, crocus, snowdrop, daffs, tulip, cosmos & tom thumb fuscia

all suggestions welcome. please reply to newsgroups.

thanks in advance.

mac