Old 27-10-2003, 01:02 PM

Default Start plants from seeds in Spring/growth light etc, info please.

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:31:58 GMT, Steve
wrote:

You will need a warm place to get the seeds going. Temperatures in the
80s to low 90s will get many seed growing in 3 days. Watch them
carefully and move them to the lights as soon as they sprout.

I want to add that - as soon as the seeds have sprouted -
they no longer need the temperatures to be that warm. In
fact, it would be better to use normal room temperatures (or
even somewhat cooler) after the seeds have sprouted.

Some people use heating mats under the seeds for warmth
(prior to sprouting) some use 'mini-electric greenhouses' (I
have two of these), some people put the seeds on top of
their water heaters or on top of their fridge.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/