Old 27-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Bry Bry is offline
Registered User

Default what should i plant

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac
i have just finished the garden to the front and have two small terraces. i
am looking for perennial flowering plants or small shrubs to give me colour
thoughout the year. if poss would like some to attract butterflies & bees.
so far have thought of:

hebe, crocus, snowdrop, daffs, tulip, cosmos & tom thumb fuscia

all suggestions welcome. please reply to newsgroups.

thanks in advance.

mac
The plant in my garden that the butterflys flock to is the buddleia bush. You don't see it in gardens as much as you used to, but it's still easy enough to find. It can grow quite big, but it doesn't really block out light and the spread is not excessive. You can also keep it in bloom all season long by chopping off the dead flowers as they fade (in fact, both of mine still have a few lingering racemes of fresh flowers on them).