Old 27-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Alec Powell

Default Plant identification

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Jim W, gave forth these words of wisdom:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Scie..._Fauna/Plantae
/Magnoliophyta/Magnoliopsida/Crassulaceae/Kalanchoe/

As it is a Kalachoe, one of the more heat loving types. Difficult to say
which species. There are quite a few that are similar in appearance.
Where did you get it?

The charge for that guidance is, a cutting;-)

Thanks for this Jim and Phillipe.
I like your prognosis.
We were given two small plants last year by a friend who has since
emigrated? to Cyprus. From where it originally came I do not have a
clue! The one in the picture was given to a friend, kept indoors and is
now about 36 inches high. Our plant was kept outdoors all last winter
and survived and is now in the greenhouse, albeit only a mere 6 inches
tall. My wife suggests that as it may be a species that grows to a
height of 6 feet, this could be interesting.
(That is to say that most of her plants that end up too big usually find
their way to my allotment :-)
I shall bear in mind the charge of a cutting but I warn you that until
SWMBO has tired of it I would be putting my head on a block to do
anything that might be construed as encroaching on her territory!
She: Garden and Houseplants!
Me: Allotments!
Ne're the twain shall meet:-)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

http://www.prole.demon.co.uk