Old 27-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] do plants use vitamins? (Yes they certainly do)

There are plenty of B-vitamins in a beer, and this is a good old trick
used to add vitamins to orchids, wich are in need of these vitamins.
But it is also a very good solution for bonsais as well.
Remember to keep a beer for your self. Also humans needs B-vitamins!

I don't think beer would be absorbed very well by the foliage. Orchids have a special root tissue called vellamen that might soak beer up better, although frankly I'd rather just use a full-spectrum fertilizer and be done with it. Still, the IBC traditio
nally has a great respect for beer, so you will fit in well here. I'll think of you next time I have one!

Nina, who has sore muscles from putting her bonsai in their winter bed this weekend.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++