Old 27-10-2003, 10:12 PM

Default Neostylis Lou Sneary 'Colorful Blue'

When the ancient war dogs did battle on Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:51:07 GMT,
"GrlIntrpted" did speak the following bit
of wisdom:

The seller said that I should repot into an open basket (which I have). I
don't have experience with open basket growing (does that mean that I just
toss the plant in w/o any potting media, how do I secure it to basket if
that is the case?)

You can tie it in, the same as you would a vanda I guess. But I think
you'd have a bit of trouble trying to keep bark or coco chips or
whatever in there. Personally, I grow my Lou Sneary in a small plastic
vanda basket with just osmunda fiber. I used the chunks and when I
originally potted it, I just packed it in tightly between the plant
and the sides of the basket. The plant seems to love this material and
has since put down many roots. I'm looking for my first flowers
hopefully this year. Hope this helps.

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"