Old 27-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Bifrenaria harrisoniana Culture

Aarrgh!

Yes, everything helps, Jeff! Where do you grow/ That would help me assess
the different opinons!

Diana

"Jeff" wrote in message
I grow it wet wet wet year round and temps with my catts also I grow
it in more of Phal light ///
not sure if that helps but thats how I do it and it grows and flowers
just fine
JEff

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:27:26 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

All,

Anyone know something about this one? My research tells me that it wants

winter dry rest, but I've also found some conflicting info (imagine

that!).
One site calls the plant 'cold growing', while Jay's site refutes that.
Also, Jay calls for shade; another says bright light. One site advises

withhold water and nutrients right up until the plant is in bud.

I have it in shade now. It's in a mix of CHC, Aliflor, charcoal and

sponge
rock. My conditions are warm, for those who might not have known that.
It's a mature plant, doing well, and still growing new bulbs.

Given that it is still putting out growth that will not be complete for

at
least a month, I would hesitate to dry it out in mid-November as I will

some
other plants. Also, it seems extreme to rest it until buds show up.

What do you think? Any advice gratefully accepted.

Diana