Old 28-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Barb Alexander

Default [IBC] dying mapel

Many tanks for all the nice info and answers. The tree has been dug up and pruned down to the live leaves, of which it had more then I first though. it is in a gallon plastic pot. The tap root was rotted up about
1 1/2" from the bottom. so good idea or not, I cut it off above this into good wood. Then planted it in a good commercial potting soil... I do have it sitting where it gets morning sun, so will move it, we are having early cold weather here, down to low 4
0's last night, but warming up nicely. So far the tree appears on good shape..
Barb
zone9 north of Houston

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++