Old 28-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Barb Alexander

Default [IBC] dying mapel

Many tanks for all the nice info and answers. The tree has been dug up and pruned down to the live leaves, of which it had more then I first though. it is in a gallon plastic pot. The tap root was rotted up about
1 1/2" from the bottom. so good idea or not, I cut it off above this into good wood. Then planted it in a good commercial potting soil... I do have it sitting where it gets morning sun, so will move it, we are having early cold weather here, down to low 4
0's last night, but warming up nicely. So far the tree appears on good shape..
Barb
zone9 north of Houston

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Martin Haber

Barb - you did the right thing, removing the rotten root.
Now pray!
Marty
Many tanks for all the nice info and answers. The tree has been dug up and

pruned down to the live leaves, of which it had more then I first though. it
is in a gallon plastic pot. The tap root was rotted up about
1 1/2" from the bottom. so good idea or not, I cut it off above this into

good wood. Then planted it in a good commercial potting soil... I do have it
sitting where it gets morning sun, so will move it, we are having early cold
weather here, down to low 40's last night, but warming up nicely. So far the
tree appears on good shape..
Barb
zone9 north of Houston

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Iris Cohen

The tree has been dug up and pruned down to the live leaves, of which it had
more then I first though. it is in a gallon plastic pot.

That is awfully small. Why don't you put it in the ground?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)