Old 28-10-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Fall report

On 28 Oct 2003 10:19:43 -0800, (simy1)
wrote:

I continue to eat a bowl of green chicory every night. I just finished
the chard, except for small leaves that will end up in salads. Anytime
is good for potato-sorrel soup these days (as well as any dessert
containing pears, I got tons of both potatoes and pears). I have not
even started to graze the arugula, collard, red cabbage, cardoon, and
red radicchio, though collard will follow chard and red
radicchio+arugula will follow chicory. Some beets, too are still in
the ground.

(from Northern PA, one of the colder areas of Zone 5).

You're doing better than I am... I didn't get many fall
things planted (we thought we were moving, and I didn't have
the heart to do so).

Nevertheless, we have sorrel, radicchio, lettuce, chard and
kale. This is nice. I planted garlic also.

Indoors, I have miniature tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants
growing. Also Spicy Globe Bush Basil, and I'll be starting
cilantro tomorrow and then one batch of cilantro each
week...

Pat

--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
http://www.stopthehunger.com/