Old 29-10-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Hedge layering

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:37:32 +0100, "Davy Murray"
wrote:

I have some beech trees at the back of my garden
snip
I have seen layering being done on TV and wondered if this could be done
with my trees. The trunk stems range from about 120mm to 300mm diameter.

As it happens, last weekend the National Hedgelaying Championships
took place in our village (with very little advertising!), so if you
want to see how it should be done, and the different styles from
different parts of the country, drive along the B1046 in Barton,
Cambridgeshire.

Back on topic - many of the trunks which have been laid were very
large diameter, certainly over 120mm, so it would be worth
experimenting.

Tom
--
Tom Chisholm