Old 03-02-2003, 03:11 AM
A guy named Emil

Default Black area on my new bare roots, should I be worried?

Bob Bauer

Although the name sounds really great, 'Supersoil' bought at home
depot is horrible awful crappy stuff. It is a fraud. Don't even
consider buying it. It is mostly uncomposted wood chips and is
actually detrimental to your plants. It sucks nitrogen out of the
soil in order to decompose the wood.

The stuff to get at home depot is EarthGro 'potting soil'. (2 cu ft
for $3.96 at my Home Deot). Probably the best deal I've seen out
there for quality potting soil.

I've had great success with Supersoil. I didn't realize it was "bad." I have
also used the EarthGro brand. Sounds like I'll be buying EarthGro from now on!

Thanks,
Emil