Old 30-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Getting rid of ground elder

"Cat" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:31:14 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Snip

Thanks to Franz and to all kind gardeners who gave advice.
I thank (insert deity of choice here) that the bed in question is
small. Unfortunately, it is below a hedge of leylandii sortathings -
still only 6 foot tall or so, so probably eradicatable

That does not stop you from using glyphosate. However, you have now left it
too late. The ground elder has prety well stopped growing for this season.

- and the soil
is rock hard from the combination of years worth of ground elder root
and neglect from the previous owner..
I guess I will save some money on gym membership by tackling it the
hard way, a square inch at a time. I *do* want to plant my daffs this
autumn.

Unfortunately you won't succeed in getting rid of the ground elder. I look
forward to reading a note from you in which you acknowledge that the
Cassandras were in fact correct this time.
{:-((

Franz

There's no such thing as a free lunch, then, and no such thing as
painless gardening :-) I can overdose on Roundup next year.
Thanks again to all!
Cat(h)