Old 30-10-2003, 05:32 PM
David Ross

Default best spot for putting a new oak tree??

cell phone repair wrote:

the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go
inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?

and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the
east

What variety of oak, and where do you live?

Some oaks have very deep roots and few surface roots. They cause
little problems for pipes and foundations. Others have invasive
surface roots.

Some oaks cannot be planted where they get summer water from lawn
sprinklers. They rot and die. Others thrive on summer water. In
some cases, this depends on whether the seedling and sapling
stages were container grown.

Etc, etc.

--
David E. Ross