Old 30-10-2003, 02:02 PM
cell phone repair

Default best spot for putting a new oak tree??

the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go
inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?

and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the
east

Old 30-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Mommy Bartlo

somebody want to explain how a oak tree goes INSIDE a house when it gets
older ? I think 'cell phone repair' has been hanging around in too many
towers and gotten his brain fried !!

Old 30-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Roy

I assume what your trying to say about inside the house, is that once
the oak gets matured and a larger root growth it is prone to having
roots migrate inside a foundation etc. This is true of most trees for
the most part.

I have some huge oaks, and yes they do eventually work their roots to
a foundation etc, so just make sure you have sufficient space for
growth that will not incroach upon your basement or slab or drainage
system etc.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:50:52 GMT, "cell phone repair"
wrote:

===the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go
===inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?
===
===and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the
===east
===
===

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Old 30-10-2003, 05:32 PM
David Ross

cell phone repair wrote:

the tree is almost 9'', caliber 4', my neighbor told me that oak trees go
inside the house when they grow old, is that correct?

and how far i should plant this tree anyhow, i wanna put somehwere on the
east

What variety of oak, and where do you live?

Some oaks have very deep roots and few surface roots. They cause
little problems for pipes and foundations. Others have invasive
surface roots.

Some oaks cannot be planted where they get summer water from lawn
sprinklers. They rot and die. Others thrive on summer water. In
some cases, this depends on whether the seedling and sapling
stages were container grown.

Etc, etc.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 30-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
somebody want to explain how a oak tree goes INSIDE a house when it gets
older ?

They retire, start collecting social security, and don't have keep
doing that shady job they've had their whole life.

Old 31-10-2003, 11:02 PM
David J Bockman

See http://www.nobleplants.com/classnote...quercuskey.htm

and also

http://www.nobleplants.com/classnote...s/oakscans.htm

Dave

. com...

"David Ross" wrote in message
cell phone repair wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

putting new mulch in fall ap Gardening 11 05-10-2007 06:35 AM
Putting Snowblower Away For Season: Best Approach ? Robert11 Lawns 5 04-04-2006 02:28 AM
What is the term for "stops putting out new growth in certain spots" JJ Gardening 0 05-05-2004 04:02 PM
Putting in a new pond... Ponds 3 10-07-2003 04:56 AM
Putting in a new pond... Ponds 2 10-07-2003 12:31 AM