Old 30-10-2003, 08:02 PM

Default Best balcony pelargonium & bizzie lizzies

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...
: Having just been to Bavaria on holiday, I fell for the gorgeous baskets of
: red pelargoniums at every window.
:
: I understand that there is a particular variety of 'balcon' ivy-leaved pel
: that is specially well adapted for this use, but there seem to be several
: named varieties on sale.
:
: Any recommendations? Roi des Balcons sounds appropriate, but is he the
: best?
:
: I've also been thinking about putting some bizzie lizzie baskets on the
: north-facing wall of my house, but most types seem to have a very rounded
: growth habit.
:
: Are trailing bizzie lizzies available?
:
: Victoria

I haven't seen any trailing ones but I had some common or garden ones in a
basket this year - just them and nothing else and they did well and were
very much admired. You can, of course, get the New Guinea hybrids with
large blooms and dark leaves and the double ones - can't remember what they
are called - that look almost like a miniature rose. Also you could use
them with something else that trails. Just a thought.