Old 31-10-2003, 11:03 AM

Default Best balcony pelargonium & bizzie lizzies

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.10...
: "K" wrote in
: :
:
: : Are trailing bizzie lizzies available?
: :
:
: I haven't seen any trailing ones but I had some common or garden ones
: in a basket this year - just them and nothing else and they did well
: and were very much admired. You can, of course, get the New Guinea
: hybrids with large blooms and dark leaves and the double ones - can't
: remember what they are called - that look almost like a miniature
: rose. Also you could use them with something else that trails. Just
: a thought.
:
: Hmm, yes, maybe that's the way to go - round bunches of colour at the top,
: and something like that little trailing variagated nepeta below to give
: some height.
:
: Thanks!
:
: Victoria

Yes, there seem to be a large variety of trailing things available for
summer baskets, but I was looking for something to trail over a tall pot on
my front doorstep to go with winter pansies, and the only thing I could come
up with was variegated ivy. Nice, but I fancied something different.