Old 31-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Grape bonsai

"sulky Serissas" have been edged out of 2nd place by "Harry
and David Grape
Bonsai".

What are they, in case I meet one?

Harry and David are a pair of odd birds who send out a
connoisseur's, or gourmet's catalog a few times a year (mostly
stuff _I_ wouldn't eat or want in my home, but some folks must).
I assume from Nina's post that they have found someone to create
"authentic" grape bonsai -- possibly with the implied possibility
of making a small bottle of wine someday? ;-)

One of our local Supermarkets advertised and carried "grape
bonsai" a month or so ago. I looked for them in the store we
shop in but didn't find one. One of our club members bought one,
and -- laughing -- brought it in. It was a Chardonnay grape,
according to the label. T'was a scraggly stick with half a dozen
leaves.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." (Borrowed from a sig by
fellow listowner, Scott Peterson)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++