Old 01-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Default How many of you watch Victory Garden?

I gave up on it - it just stinks! I know the hosta grower they had on last
season, he won't let the show back on the property.
IF you are in the northeast, People, Plants and Places has Roger Swain and
it is all gardens and quite viewable. Channel 56 around 8 AM Sundays.
Cheryl

On 10/31/03 7:06 PM, in article
, "Dan"
wrote:

Hello;

I watch Victory Garden...sometimes. It is definitely not the same as
it was, that is for sure. I used to gripe about all the foreign
botanical gardens that Adrian Bloome used to go to, also about "Chef
Marion" galivanting around the world in search of ways to destroy
another chef's dishes.

Even that Victory garden wasn't as good as the old one with Jim
Wilson, or who ever he was. Now THAT was a great show. It was down to
earth, made here in the good ol'USofA and was about growing
vegetables, with only a hint of flower gardens.

I used to watch that show every week. Then when Roger Swain took over
the reins, I watched most every week. Like I mentioned before,
though, I couldn't handle much more of the world travels and Marion's
grossed out cooking.

Now that the New-Improved Victory Garden is only about flowers and
such, I don't watch it that often. If I am in the house and it
happens to be on, I may watch some or all of it. I will not, however,
set aside the time to be sure that I see it every week.

As to your last statement about reruns, I haven't seen any of the
older versions of VG. I don't think that PBS shows reruns much after
the original season.

Dan Harriman
Orange, Texas

Have a great day today and a better one tomorrow! (Gilda Radnor)

ospam (Rose) wrote in
:

Besides just being curious I'd like to know if you do watch it
what do you think of the new cast members? I miss the old ones -
especially Marian in the kitchen. But I'm sure they are still
re-running the older episodes.