Old 02-11-2003, 01:33 AM
animaux

Default Ripped out the Nandina domestica

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:41:15 -0600, "cat daddy" opined:

Oh, I understand.... Just two more for my list of misperceptions, just
like the red tips that I assumed were native because they were everywhere.
The waxleaf is invasive. I don't even know where they came from.........
and please, no bad comments on Mimosas or I'll have to stick my fingers in
my ears and hum...

There is a Texas mimosa which will far outlive any other. They are a pretty
tree. I don't know of many problems with those.

Hackberries wrecked my house and allowed me to be able to afford to buy
it. They also stunted the pecans, the redbuds and everything else they
outgrew. I like to appreciate them from a distance...... }:-)

Thanks for your reply, as ever.

Well, our hackberry is a horrible looking mess! It's not exactly a nice looking
tree. Hey, it shades the house.

Now, are you saying that a hackberry wrecked your house before you bought it,
bringing the price down so you could afford it? I didn't get that reference.

You're welcome, as ever, for my reply!

Victoria