Old 02-11-2003, 07:02 AM
K Barrett

Default George Norris hassled by the cops.

George says he had proper paperwork to import some Phrags from Peru and now
the government is coming back with questions. I know George has had his GHs
investgated before by the USFWS, and has always come out smelling like a
rose becasue his CITES paperwork is always in order. So are they now saying
he falsified the paperwork? That's the only part of the Lacey Act that seems
to pertain to George's troubles.

I think the gov't is probably overly sensitive to anything vaguely
concerning Phrags after all the kovachii troubles. Probably some government
official was routinely looking over paperwork, saw the word 'Phragmipedium'
and sounded the General Alarm calling all hands to Battle Stations.

K Barrett

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Kathy,

Where did you get that there was falsification of labeling from the

account
of what happened from George? I re-read it and couldn't figure out what

you
mean here.

-Eric in SF

"K Barrett" wrote in message
A quick Google search shows that paragraph 4 under "Prohibitions of
Activities" lists falsification of labeling .

http://ipl.unm.edu/cwl/fedbook/laceyame.html

Looks like George is up against it this time. I'm not even sure who one
would write to in order to protest either. Doesn't look like USFWS.

K Barrett