Old 02-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Tibouchina

Please could you help me to make mine grow like that? It doesn't
seem unhappy, except that it is very sensitive to not being watered
and shows no symptoms before permanent damage occurs to its leaves,
but I cannot get it to thrive. It seems happier in cooler, damper
conditions, which is a bit bizarre given its leaves. But, even
keeping it well watered, it grows terribly slowly.

My initial plant was in the conservatory border, and never thrived,
and my current one is a cutting in a pot (4' high but spindly). And,
yes, it has never had less than full light.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.