Old 03-11-2003, 06:12 AM
John Johnston

Default Pond removal questions.

The place we just moved into has/had a 10x10x3 foot deep backyard
pond. The previous owner evacuated the wildlife and 1/2 drained
it.

We'd like to remove it fully -- but how so.

The tasks a

Remove balance of water - It will need to be pumped so
as not to stink up the neighbors yards with sludge water.
What sort of pump would work? Would a septic company
do something like this?

Remove liner - it appears it was a big square as the corners
are bunched. I can't think of a way to cut it up till the water
is gone (hoping the water would seep out into the ground naturally
was a thought, but this is rocky clay soil).

Fill it up - Any special precautions? I was thinking just cover the
bottom sludge and trash left (cinder blocks, and two broken pumps that
live in there now - wonderfully taken care of - I'm happy the fish
found a good home).

Any other considerations would be helpful as well.

Many thanks,

-johnj