Old 03-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Chuck Gadd

Default Water Parametrs Question

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:34:14 +0200, "Amit" wrote:

PH 6.8~6.9
KH 9~10

Despite the fact that the water are very hard I am kind of confused
regarding the CO2 levels.
According to some CO2 tables, the levels are HIGH 33.991 ppm (while PH 6.9,
KH 9)
Should I reduce my CO2 levels ?

Well, the CO2 levels for your numbers range from:

pH 6.9, KH 9 = 34ppm
pH 6.8, KH 10 = 48ppm.

Definitely looks on the high side to me. I'd lower it some, so the
max CO2 would be around 30ppm or so.

You might want to try to get a more exact value for the KH test. For
the titration tests (where you keep adding drops until the color
changes), you can simply double the water sample size, and then divide
the number of drops by two. For example, normally, each drop = 1
degree KH. If you double the water sample, then each drop = .5 degree
kh.

I know that plants can do well in hard water, but I guess I can use more RO
water ?

Why bother?

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua