Old 04-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Tom J

Default Invasive Plant Of The Year Nominee: Bittersweet

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Get it out and replace with a Trumpet Vine. In 2 years you will wish

you'd
stayed with what you have!!

Oh, I have those, too. One almost as thick as my wrist climbs the
big burr oak in the front yard. They seem more content to stay
where put - at least in NW OH.

This trumpet vine I planted ran underground roots under a 20 foot wide
concrete drive and is now attacking my neighbors property. I had already
crossed under my concrete walkway and has been sending up runners about every
3 feet and climbing every bush and shrub it comes across. I have now resorted
to brush killer on every new runner and the original has been dug out along
with about 30 feet of roots. In the meantime, the feeder roots left behind
are sending up runners!! It's worse than kudzu!!

Tom J