Old 04-11-2003, 05:42 AM
Amit

Default Water Parametrs Question

With water that hard, you must be injecting CO2 to get a pH of 6.8. Am I
correct?

Yes you are my rap ones are 7.2....
Also, are you using a pH controller? I ask, because you report your pH to
the
tenth of a point. No I do not use a PH controller.

Why? What problem are you trying to solve?
Well I guess I m being hunted by the this myth that softer water are better,
and even after seeing many beautiful fancy planted tanks in many sites, they
are all mentioning very soft water parameters.No doubt I am being hunted....

10x

Amit

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Amit wrote:

PH 6.8~6.9
KH 9~10
GH 12~13
CO2 in ppm according to the CO2 test is 18 PPM
Ammonia, Nitrite and Chlorine are all 0 (at least these are good)

Despite the fact that the water are very hard I am kind of confused
regarding the CO2 levels.
According to some CO2 tables, the levels are HIGH 33.991 ppm (while PH

6.9,
KH 9)
Should I reduce my CO2 levels ?

Ignore your test kit. Chuck Gadd's chart or calculator is the best.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

With water that hard, you must be injecting CO2 to get a pH of 6.8. Am I
correct?

Also, are you using a pH controller? I ask, because you report your pH to

the
tenth of a point.

Finally, why are you sad? Your CO2 is a bit high, which is easy to fix

(turn
down your CO2 a tad, or if you are using a controller, set it to 7 for

27ppm at
KH9)

I know that plants can do well in hard water, but I guess I can use more

RO
water ?

Why? What problem are you trying to solve?