Old 04-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Norman

Default Getting rid of comfrey

Why don't you give Blackberry weed killer a go. It might just do the trick

"Jeremy Lunn" wrote in message
Used to keep a few pots under a tree some 10 or more years ago. In one
pot we had comfrey which managed to escape from the pot. Now the tree
no longer exists and it's a garden bed and it seems just about
impossible to get rid of the stuff!

It's so deep rooted that it's just about impossible to dig it out. I
tried that 7 years ago when we were landscaping the area into a garden
bed. Any small bit of root that breaks off just spouts and if left
grows into a whole new clump so digging it out can perhaps be
counterproductive.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that some systematic herbicide might be
the answer. I tried some once with no effect so I'm guessing that I may
need to do a stronger mix. Perhaps the same concentrate as used for
bamboo?

Thanks,

Jeremy

--