Old 04-11-2003, 10:03 AM
bigboard

Default Outdoor tomato varieties

bigboard wrote:
Hello all,

In my first year with my own garden this year, I had quite a bit of
success with Gardener's Delight and Balconi Red cherry tomatoes. Both
were delicious, but weren't big and juicy enough for my ketchup recipe.
(I did make some, and it was delicious, but I only got enough for two
sausages.)

It is with this in mind that I would like to grow some bigger toms next
year. I have one of those miniature greenhouses, and a heated propagator
indoors, but otherwise will have to grow all toms outside. Can any of
you recomend outdoor tomato varieties of the larger kind that I could try?

TIA,

Jon.

Thank you to all for the advice and suggestions. I'll let you know how I
get on next year!