Old 04-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Loosecannon

Default Snow Peas

Hi Wanda,

I think you may have planted your seeds to late or that their time was up
anyway. They only seem to last around 90 days and I try to plant mine on a
really cold day in winter. I wouldn't think any treatment is going to save
them now as once they have the powdery mildew it spreads and kills the
plants.

Peas like cucumbers and tomatos hate overhead watering. Also we had a good
wet winter.

I also used to pick my spoils from the garden in the morning but no longer
do this as the leaves can be wet and transferring the nasties is done rather
easily. I now pick them later in the day when all the leaves are dry.

Now a question for you, were you happy with the number of snow peas that
grew on each plant? My uncle has grown both snow peas and sugar snap peas
and says that you will get 10 sugar snaps to every one off a snow pea. Also
sugar snaps taste can not be surpassed. That is my own experience and no
year will go by here without some being planted.

Leaving you pondering!

Richard

"Wanda" wrote in message
My snow peas are looking unwell, they are pale in colour, some of the

leaves
are chewed right off, others have a white powdery mould or spider web on
them. They're in a position where they receive direct morning light &
indirect light for most of the day, they receive a good soaking every 2-3
days & have recently had a dose of wettasoil & seasol.

Help?