Old 04-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Gail Futoran

Default Help me identify these roses

"slackjeep" wrote in message
om...
I planted these before I started keeping track. I'd love

some help in
identifying them.

http://www.pbase.com/image/22867783
http://www.pbase.com/image/22868312
http://www.pbase.com/image/22867788
and last but not least
http://www.pbase.com/image/22867787

Thanks
Dorys

Identifying a rose from the photo of a single bloom is a
tricky business. I can think of only a few roses I could
identify that way, and I personally grow about 100 different
varieties, and I'm familiar with many other varieties I
don't grow.

What kinds of roses are these? Miniatures, floribundas,
hybrid teas, some other variety? Even a guess would be
helpful. Growth habit (tall & narrow or short and sprawled,
etc.)? Bloom size? (Even among, say, Hybrid Teas bloom size
can vary quite a bit). Do you get one bloom on a stem or a
cluster of blooms?

A good site for identifying roses is
http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/rosetest.html
You can search on bloom color, bloom form, type of rose
(mini, floribunda, etc.) and other features that you can
observe in your own garden but that we can't know from a
single photo.

Note the great number of roses in existence; the number of
colors & color combinations is limited. Hence, many
different rose varieties can look much the same - judging
from a single photo of a bloom.

And before anyone yells I wasn't being helpful, I did go out
to my garden and try to match the photos to my roses, and I
checked my rose books when I felt I could narrow down the
search reasonably - all without success.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8